IAPCO Driving Excellence – Innovation Award, supported by IMEX
Finding creative solutions to meet the frequent challenges encountered when organising an international congress is a day-to-day occurrence, however, such initiatives and indeed innovations frequently go unrecognised. This Innovation Award is to recognise those individuals who find the creative solution!
Rules of Entry
• Entries can be nominated by an IAPCO Member
• Entries are limited to one staff member per Member, but any staff member, whether from a Company Member or a registered Member Office, is eligible.
• Glass trophy, presented at IMEX to the individual winner
• IAPCO education voucher for the Annual Meeting for the individual creator
• Glass trophy given to company of individual
• Speaking slot at following Annual Meeting for the individual winner
• Entitled to display the Award Mark on their business cards, stationery, biographical details/cv.
• plaques given to all shortlisted
• 2 tickets to IMEX gala evening for those shortlisted
Submission – Closed (next opens in December)
The submission needs to include:
• 50 words – biographical details of the individual being nominated
• 50 words – biographical details of the PCO Member
• 50 words – about the event (if applicable to an event)
• A 250-500 words abstract of the creative solution within the following categories
– Outlining the challenge
– The approach and solution to the challenge
– The outcome
The IAPCO Council will judge the entries, based on the written submission noting the degree and complexity of the challenge and the success and creativity of the solution/outcome. Those shortlisted (maximum 3) will be invited to attend the IMEX Frankfurt Gala Evening (2 tickets per entry) where the winner will be announced.
Jakel Lin, GIS Group, receives the IAPCO Driving Excellence Innovation Award, as supported by IMEX.
As was the case last year, this years’ ceremony took place virtually. The award introduced by Carina Bauer, CEO of IMEX, and Martin Boyle, IAPCO CEO, was nevertheless celebrated by an international audience of meeting professionals.
The ceremony followed the IAPCO Impact Dialogue dedicated to Innovation and Cyber-security, a topic of well suited, given the digital nature of all entries to the race.
IAPCO CEO, Boyle, said ‘The last 18 months have been challenging meetings professionals beyond what we could ever had anticipated. However, adverse conditions also allowed us to witness the blooming of innovative digital solutions and creative virtual experiences. We have proved once again how adaptable and resilient our industry is.
Jakel Lin with the GIS Group created a successful hybrid experience that will become a benchmark for hybrid congresses in the future. The perfect use of technology – including holograms – combined with a well-designed programme created the perfect engagement experience for both in-person and virtual audiences.
Not surprisingly, but for the first time, our 3 finalists all competed with digital solutions. The results were close and all deserve our applauds for their creativity.
The finalists for the 2020 IAPCO Innovation Award (awarded in 2021) were:
- Juliano Lissoni, MCI Canada
- Uzi Drori, Kenes Group, Israel
- Jakel Lin, GIS Group, Taiwan
The IAPCO Innovation award is in its seventh year. Supported by IMEX, it celebrates these innovations and creative solutions, where individuals have met a challenge and gone the extra mile to deliver above and beyond our clients’ expectations.