IAPCO Driving Excellence – Innovation Award, supported by IMEX
Finding creative solutions to meet the frequent challenges encountered when organising an international congress is a day-to-day occurrence, however, such initiatives and indeed innovations frequently go unrecognised. This Innovation Award is to recognise those individuals who find the creative solution!
Rules of Entry
• Entries can be nominated by an IAPCO Member
• Entries are limited to one staff member per Member, but any staff member, whether from a Company Member or a registered Member Office, is eligible.
• Glass trophy, presented at IMEX to the individual winner
• IAPCO education voucher for the Annual Meeting for the individual creator
• glass trophy given to company of individual
• speaking slot at following Annual Meeting for the individual winner
• entitled to display the Award Mark on their business cards, stationery, biographical details/cv.
• plaques given to all shortlisted
• 2 tickets to IMEX gala evening for those shortlisted
Using the online form the submission needs to include:
• 50 words – biographical details of the individual being nominated
• 50 words – biographical details of the PCO Member
• 50 words – about the event (if applicable to an event)
• A 250-500 words abstract of the creative solution within the following categories
– Outlining the challenge
– The approach and solution to the challenge
– The outcome
The IAPCO Council will judge the entries, based on the written submission noting the degree and complexity of the challenge and the success and creativity of the solution/outcome. Those shortlisted (maximum 3) will be invited to attend the IMEX Frankfurt Gala Evening (2 tickets per entry) where the winner will be announced.
Elvire de Chalus of Colloquium was the celebrated winner of the IAPCO Driving Excellence Award 2019, as announced at the impressive IMEX Gala Evening in Frankfurt. Christophe Painvin was delighted to accept the award on Elvire’s behalf, presented by Mathias Posch IAPCO President.
The Innovation Award is part of IAPCO’s programme of Driving Excellence Awards and is designed to celebrate an innovative achievement. Mathias Posch stated “Our Conference Managers are confronted daily with growing customer demands and the challenges of an ever-changing economic environment. Our two finalists this year Elvire de Chalus, Colloquium and Veysel Guzel, Kenes Group were confronting very different problems – be it to co-locate an event that grew to 15,300 delegates in a venue fit for 8,000 or to create a brand-new application that addresses the ongoing issue of financial management in a complex international industry like ours. Both have displayed operational excellence and innovative spirit that showcases the incredible talent that we have in our industry.”