IAPCO Driving Excellence – Hero Award, supported by the IAPCO Destination Partners
The Destination Partners of IAPCO wish to recognise a team member who has gone above and beyond in current year, and shown an aptitude for advancement in the meetings industry and for making significant contributions out-with their position within the company.
Rules of Entry
Any member of an account team within a PCO company, such teams being operational, marketing, client management, financial or similar. The team member should be relatively new to the industry and someone who would benefit from a scholarship to the IAPCO Annual Meeting.
• Entries can be nominated by a colleague, a client, a supplier.
• Entries are limited to one staff member per Member, but any staff member, whether from a Company Member or a registered Member Office, is eligible.
• Education scholarship voucher to the next/following IAPCO Annual Meeting, including accommodation and travel, presented at current Annual Meeting by the Destination Partners
• Speaking slot at following Annual Meeting “A year in the making”
Submission – Open 1 November, close 14 January
The submission needs to include:
• 50 words – biographical details of the individual team member being nominated
• 50 words – biographical details of the PCO Member
• A 250-500 words abstract outlining why the particular team member should be nominated including:
o Their normal position and range of duties and responsibilities
o The contribution over and above their normal role and responsibilities
o The impact their contribution has made to others
o Why they would benefit from a scholarship to the Annual Meeting
The IAPCO Council will judge the entries, based on the written submission noting the above criteria. Judging will be done “blind” without the judges having knowledge of either the candidate or their company.
Digital Marketing Specialist, AFEA
AIM Group International
Against hot competition Giulia Sarri, AIM Group International, won the new IAPCO Hero Award, presented at the recent General Assembly in Vancouver. Supported by the IAPCO Destination Partners, the Award recognises a team member who has gone above and beyond in the current year and shown an aptitude for advancement in the meetings industry and for making significant contributions outwith their position within the company. Giulia is a marketing and communication specialist for AIM Group International, in charge of the overall monitoring of the company’s brand on the main digital platforms and traditional media. With a year of commendation behind her, perhaps her motto sums it up perfectly: “You can’t use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have!”.