One of the ways we achieve our mission is through advocacy. We work with governments, industry associations, and other stakeholders to raise awareness of the value of business events and to advocate for policies that support the business events industry.
In recent years, we have focused our advocacy efforts on the following key areas:
- Recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic: We have worked to ensure that governments and industry associations recognize the importance of business events to economic recovery and have implemented policies to support the safe and responsible return of events.
- Sustainability: We are committed to promoting sustainable business practices in the PCO industry. We have developed a set of sustainability guidelines for PCOs and are working to raise awareness of the importance of sustainability among our members and partners.
- Skills development: We believe that a skilled and qualified workforce is essential to the success of the PCO industry. We work to develop and promote training programs for PCOs and to advocate for policies that support skills development in the industry.
We are committed to continuing our advocacy efforts to ensure that the PCO industry can thrive and continue to contribute to economic growth and development around the world.
There are several ways you can help IAPCO’s advocacy work:
- Join IAPCO and become a member of our advocacy committee.
- Attend IAPCO events and workshops to learn more about advocacy and how you can get involved.
- Share IAPCO’s advocacy materials with your colleagues and networks.
- Contact your elected officials and let them know about the importance of business events to your community.