IAPCO Members are Professional Congress Organisers (companies, not individuals) who have qualified for Membership under the detailed application process by demonstrating that they consistently deliver PCO services to their clients and partners at high-quality standards.
IAPCO today represents 180 accredited businesses of professional congress organisers in 45 countries.
IAPCO’s mission is to raise the standards of service amongst its members and other sectors of the meetings industry by means of continuing education and interaction with other professionals.
- Advocacy Developing the professionalism of the global meetings industry through the exchange of ideas, concepts and knowledge sharing to maintain the industry at the forefront of political and economic thought.
- Community Creating a network of PCOs and partners that share a pool of experience in professional competency, and technical know-how.
- Education Offering an education programme with comprehensive international and regional education for event professionals involved in managing congresses.
At IAPCO, we believe in the power of collective expertise to advance the Business Events Industry. Our members form an integral part of our mission to elevate event experiences and industry standards and play a pivotal role in raising standards and bringing innovation within the congress organisation.
The driving force behind IAPCO are the exceptional individuals who are dedicated Council members, the visionary Committees and the influential Ambassadors. Collectively, they form a formidable network committed to shaping the future of congress organization.
Discover the rich history of IAPCO and its people, dedicated to excellence and innovation since its establishment in 1968.
Get a global perspective with insights from our diverse membership base in our Annual Member Survey.
|IAPCO offers accreditation programs for PCOs, which demonstrate their commitment to quality and professionalism.
|IAPCO offers a variety of educational programs and resources for PCOs, including EDGE Seminars, webEDGE, and Impact Dialogues.
|IAPCO provides opportunities for PCOs to network with each other and with other professionals in the meetings industry.
|IAPCO publishes a variety of publications, including The PCO magazine, a bi-monthly magazine for PCOs, and White Papers and Guidelines for a comprehensive guide to the meetings industry.
|IAPCO conducts research on the meetings industry and publishes the results in its annual report and other publications.
|IAPCO advocates on behalf of PCOs and the meetings industry with governments, organisations, and other stakeholders.
- To further the recognition of the profession of the congress organiser
- To further and maintain a high professional standard in the organisation and administration of congresses, conferences and other international and national meetings or special events
- To undertake and promote the study of theoretical and practical aspects of international congresses
- To undertake research work concerning all problems confronting professional organisers of international meetings and to seek and promote relevant solutions
- To establish and maintain effective relations with other organisations concerned in any way with international meetings
- To develop a programme of educational courses through IAPCO’s Training Academy
- To offer a forum for PCOs
- To encourage meetings convenors to seek the assistance of reputable PCOs
- To provide members with opportunities to exchange ideas and experiences