IAPCO Driving Excellence – Collaboration Award, supported by IBTM Events
Collaboration is key to all that IAPCO believes. Behind each successful event is a solid and dependable partnership that seeks to deliver excellence. The IAPCO Collaboration Award celebrates these partnerships.
Rules of Entry
The collaboration is between an IAPCO member and another industry partner be it a destination, an association or client, a convention centre, a supplier or any other stakeholder
The collaboration can relate to:
• A bid
• A congress
• A long-term working relationship
• Entries must be nominated by an IAPCO Member
• Entries are limited to one per Member
• glass trophy, presented at IBTM, given to both parties of the Collaboration
• IAPCO education vouchers to both parties
• plaques given to all shortlisted
• 2 tickets to IBTM Leaders’ Summit for those shortlisted
• speaking slot at following Annual Meeting for the winning Member (not the partner)
Using the online form located within the IAPCO Member Dashboard – the submission needs to include:
• 50 words – biographical details of the PCO
• 50 words – biographical details of the partner
• A 250-500 word abstract of the collaboration within the following categories:
– The reason for the collaboration – The case study
– The solution
– The outcomes
The IAPCO Council will judge the entries, based on the written submission noting the degree and complexity of the collaboration, along with any long-term outcomes. Those shortlisted will be invited to attend the IBTM Leaders’ Summit (2 tickets per entry) where the winner will be announced (travel and accommodation at own cost).
K.I.T. Group + KW Conferences = IAPCO Collaboration Award Success
The packed IBTM Leaders’ Summit was the perfect event to announce this winning formula. IAPCO was delighted to present the award to two IAPCO member PCOs who collaborated across the world to bring success to a global conference.
“The applications for the IAPCO Collaboration Award this year were exceptional. However, the judging committee all agreed that IAPCO Accredited members K.I.T. Group and KW Conferences highlighted the importance of trusted partners when delivering core contract events. This collaboration displays the value of the IAPCO network, where member companies communicate, exchange knowledge and work together to produce outstanding results for our clients” said Mathias Posch, IAPCO President
Jocelyne Mülli, CEO of K.I.T. Group GmbH, Germany, collected the award, supported by IBTM, on behalf of K.I.T. Group and KW Conferences, India, as the collaborating partners.
Once Hyderabad, India, had been selected as the destination for the 44th ISPAD conference, Core PCO K.I.T. Group needed to find a reliable local partner – an IAPCO quality accredited PCO. KW Conferences was the immediate choice. There were a number of challenges to be faced, such as operating licences, conference visa applications, financial regulations, receiving registrations in local currencies etc. Forming partnerships is key to delivering a successful event and K.I.T. Group and KW Conferences were a shining example of such a collaboration and worthy winners of the IAPCO Collaboration Award.
In a joint statement, both partners say: ‘It’s been a true pleasure to bring our teams together to work towards a common goal. The ISPAD 2018 Conference in Hyderabad has shown that two PCOs can work on the same project by sharing their know-how without competing, faithful to K.I.T. Group’s motto ‘Synergy & Competence’ and KWC’s vision of ‘Empowering Collaboration’.
The IAPCO Driving Excellence Collaboration Award, supported by IBTM is now in its fifth year, and attracted many submissions which also deserve recognition:
• MCI Middle East and the IFSO, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
• Japan Convention Services, Inc, the International Gastric Cancer Association, and the Korean Society for Gastric Cancer
• MCI The Netherlands, MCI UK and One Young World
• AIM Group International and JPdL International