How to Apply
It is recommended that you download the Membership Application Pack before you apply so that you can gather all the required information in advance.
In order to meet the quality critera of IAPCO, there are various steps in the application process.
Step 1: Online Application
Complete the online application in full
Step 2: Events Organised
Details of 10 International Events organised by the applicant must be completed where the maximum number of services are provided.
- 40% or more of the delegates must be from at least 5 or more different countries
- 5 of the Events must have been attended by more than 400 participants
- 5 of the Events must have been attended by more than 100 participants
- Client contact details for references must be provided for at least 5 of the Events
Please note: Core PCO events (the same event, taking place in different years) can only be submitted twice that is, only 2 of your 10 international events, and not more than 3 Core PCO events
The Events can be a combination of
International Association Congresses
International Governmental Meetings
List of Standard PCO Services
International Corporate Meetings [maximum 3 only]
List of Standard PCO Services
Step 3: REFERENCES
Once the Events Organised submissions have been analysed, and assuming a satisfactory outcome, IAPCO will contact up to five clients, of which at least two must be from the international organisation and based outside of the Applicant’s own country, for a company reference. If client references are not forthcoming, the Applicant will be asked to ensure that adequate references are received before the application can be further progressed.
Step 4: FUTURE EVENTS FOR SITE VISIT
You will need to submit 5 future international events that could be considered for a site visit.
- 40% or more of the anticipated delegates must be from at least 5 or more different countries
- The Events must anticipate an attendance of more than 400 participants
- The Events must be either an International Association Congress or an International Governmental Meeting
Step 5: Site Visit
Appraisal Visit Guidelines
On receipt of satisfactory references, the Applicant will be asked to host, (see guidelines), the appraisal visit of one or two Council Members, or another Member of IAPCO nominated by the Council, to the selected Congress/Meeting organised by the Applicant and to the Applicant’s Office. The Member/s undertaking the appraisal visit will need to participate as a free delegate through the event registration and abstract processes.
During the visit to the Applicant’s Office, the Applicant will be asked to provide:
- Copies of printed promotional material for their future Events
- A copy of the Applicant’s Company’s Articles of Association, or other registration document or licence in English
- Details of the Company Board of Directors and / or Senior Managers and Administrators
- Access to office procedures, administration and financial information
A scoring system is in place to assess the application and consideration will be given to:
- the year in which the congress was held
- the size of the event and the number of countries of delegates attending
- the services provided by the Applicant
- references received from clients and other IAPCO members
- review of the appraisal visit.
Consideration as to whether the Applicant is a suitable candidate for membership of IAPCO will be taken by the Council as each of the above processes are completed. If the Applicant, after completing any of the above processes, fails to achieve the required score, the Council will fail the application without proceeding to the remainder of the processes. In the event that an application is unsuccessful, IAPCO does not have to give any reason or justification as to their decision. In order to maintain quality control where an application for membership has been unsuccessful, the company cannot re-apply for membership for a period of three years unless a specific dispensation is applied to the rejection.