7th November 2018. Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) has announced the launch of a new guide of Old Town Central to assist MICE organisers when planning Hong Kong itineraries.
Old Town Central is a vibrant area covering an area spanning from Wyndham Street to the east, Caine Road to the south, Possession Street to the west and Queen’s Road Central to the north, with Hollywood Road – one of the first roads built in the city – spanning through it.
Designed for planners by planners, the new guide, which is available in print and online, offers a wide variety of meeting ideas, from venues to team-building activities, gourmet indulgence to local adventure, as well as booking information, events and useful maps.
Dawn Page, MEHK’s director, UK and Northern Europe said, “Old Town Central is a vibrant neighbourhood that embodies Hong Kong’s reputation as a city where East meets West, and where old blends seamlessly with new. The guide enables MICE organisers to take advantage of this new planning tool to create a memorable event for delegates.”
The guide is divided into five sections:
- Teamwork in Action: including dim sum making workshops, craft beer workshops, martial art classes and calligraphy lessons
- Challenge Central: an interactive way of discovering hidden spots within the neighbourhood, such as traditional tea shops, Instagrammable works of street art and one of the city’s oldest temples
- Dining in the Heart of Asia’s Food Paradise: as a financial and cultural district, Old Town Central is dotted with some of the city’s best restaurants to suit different dietary needs and all tastes – from Michelin starred dining to classic Cantonese or international restaurants
- Multipurpose Venues: providing an overview of the best heritage sites and multipurpose spaces in the neighbourhood that are ideal for small to mid-sized groups
- Choose Your Own Adventure: for moments of downtime, the self guided adventures offer the best places to shop, explore, learn and take advantage of the city’s famous nightlife
For more information about Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong, please visit www.mehongkong.com.