1. The procedure for application for membership is regulated by the Statutes and the Standing Orders of the Association and is designed to ensure quality control of membership.
2. In order to apply, Applicants should return to the IAPCO Secretariat the following documents, duly completed:
(a) Step 1: Application for Membership form
(b) Step 2: Questionnaires  of Congresses Organised, to be fully completed for international congresses (either international association conferences OR international governmental meetings OR [maximum 3] international corporate meetings) where the total management and organisation of the event have been undertaken by the Applicant.
click here for list of services – international association conferences
click here for list of services – international governmental meetings
click here for list of services – international corporate meetings
These congresses must have been:
- attended by delegates from more than five different countries, with a minimum of 40% foreign participation
- 5 of which must have been attended by at least 400 participants for whom client reference contact details must be included
- 5 of which must have been attended by at least 100 participants
(A participant is any person who has passed through the registration process, eg, delegate, media, accompanying persons, exhibitor, speaker, but not staff or stand personnel)
Of the 10 events to be submitted, any combination of international association or intergovernmental events can be submitted, however, if including any international corporate events, only a maximum of 3 corporate events can be submitted.
(c) Step 3: List of all Future Congresses of over 400 participants
(d) Step 4: Future Congress form  for potential appraisal visit/site inspection for events over 400 participants
A scoring system is in place to assess the application and consideration will be given to:
- the year in which the congress was held
- the size of the event and the number of countries of delegates attending
- the services provided by the Applicant
- references received from clients and other IAPCO members
3. Once the Event Questionnaires have been analysed, and assuming a satisfactory outcome, IAPCO will contact up to five clients, of which at least two must be from the international organisation and based outside of the Applicant’s own country, for a company reference. If client references are not forthcoming, the Applicant will be asked to ensure that adequate references are received before the application can be further progressed.
4. On receipt of satisfactory references, the Applicant will be asked to host, at their expense, [conditions of appraisal visit] the appraisal visit of a Council Member, or another Member of IAPCO nominated by the Council, to the selected congress organised by the Applicant [as provided in Step 3] and to the the Applicant’s Office. The Member undertaking the appraisal visit will need to participate as a free delegate through the event registration process.
During the visit to the Applicant’s Office, the Applicant will be asked to provide:
- Copies of printed promotional material for their future congresses
- A copy of the Applicant’s Company’s Articles of Association, or other registration document or licence in English
- Details of the Company Board of Directors and / or Senior Managers and Administrators
- Access to office procedures, administration and financial information
5. The final decision as to whether the Applicant is a suitable candidate for membership of IAPCO will be taken by the Council once all the procedures outlined above have been satisfactorily undertaken. In the event that an application is unsuccessful, IAPCO does not have to give any reason or justification as to their decision. In order to maintain quality control where an application for membership has been unsuccessful, the company cannot re-apply for membership for a period of three years unless a specific dispensation is applied to the rejection.
6. New members will not be included in the List of Members or be entitled to participate in IAPCO General Assemblies until the appropriate subscription has been paid.
7. All members are subject to an annual on-going quality check to which they must comply.
- Step 1: Application for Membership
- Step 2: Questionnaire of Congresses Organised
- Step 3: List of all Future Congresses [to be submitted in an ExCel spreadsheet and sent to email@example.com]
- Step 4: Future Congresses for Appraisal Visit
Existing members who wish to apply for International Office or National Office Membership should do so via the Members Only page